Hellcats
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airsoft Team The Hellcats From Sylvania, Ohio

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Next meeting, Saturday the 14th of July
Tactical Book Slection EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:33 pm by laith

» An amazing game we should try play
Tactical Book Slection EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:39 am by Rexican

» choosing the right Tan Camo set
Tactical Book Slection EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 am by Rexican

» So You Want To Be An Airsoft Sniper 101
Tactical Book Slection EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm by KIDKAPELSKI

» Rules and Regulations
Tactical Book Slection EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am by Rexican

» BGSU Screaming Falcons present; River Bottom Assault Open Play
Tactical Book Slection EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 am by Rexican

» Let's get the party started
Tactical Book Slection EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 am by Rexican

» Skill Level One. Beginners Guide to being Tactical
Tactical Book Slection EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:29 am by Rexican

» Beginners Airsoft Guide- Complete
Tactical Book Slection EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 am by fatcat112

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Tactical Book Slection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fatcat112
Admin
fatcat112

Tactical Book Slection Empty
PostSubject: Tactical Book Slection   Tactical Book Slection EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:14 am

Ok class, for those of us who like to read, and those who don't, but still like to pretend we can. I have composed this short list of good books to read if you want to get better at airsoft. Tactics, methodology, history, classics, fundamentals, if you want to get better, check these out.

The Ranger Handbook:
Amazon.com: U.S. Army Ranger Handbook SH 21-76 (April 2000): Department of Defense: Books

This is a superb read, I cite this book ALL the time on the forums. It gives tactics, fundamentals, and how to be a ranger. I think it goes into physical training also. L ambushes, hand signals, patrolling. I have trained according to this book many a time. It can be difficult to understand if you dont like military jargon, and FM type stuff. Still awesome book, I suggest to ALL serious airsofters.

Special Forces Hand book:
Amazon.com: Special Forces Handbook: U.S. Army: Books

This book is much more in depth. Keep in mind it is written byu the Army, for SF soldiers. It is not a story book, it is a FM, Field Manual. I have a copy and read it cover to cover and loved every work. But that is how I like to read. No BS, but just how to get it down. Survival skills, explosives, weapons, communications, some tactics. It is the best book if you are interested in being a special forces soldier, or military history. I do not recommend it for casual airsofters.

The Art Of War:
Amazon.com: The Art of War (Shambhala Classics): Sun Tzu: Books

The best book for leaders, hands down. The only draw back is that it is old, and written mostly for leaders of armies. That having been said, the tactics and principals still work for small units. I read it all, and listened to an audio book, 2 times. I still need to re-read it to absorb all the info that was offered. This is a great read for any one who calls them self a leader. Thought Sun Tzu talks about swords and archers, it still works for BBs and bullets. If you get the wrong copy some times it can be hard to understand the wordage, the best thing you can do it look around and find one that you like. Some have translated more easy to understand wordings next to the original. This book has been re written hundreds of times and applied to just about every aspect of life, you can do it for airsoft.

This is a a jewel, a little on the expensive side, mine is in the mail right now. I read about it Solder of Fortune magazine.
http://www.paladin-press.com/detail.aspx?ID=25
This is a great snipers book. It is for real steal, but a lot of it is applicable to airsoft, like the camouflaging, training, shooting techniques. Check it out.

YourMembership.com - The Complete Online Member Community
Scroll down and on the right is a book. "Get selected for special forces" its written for the Army, but will apply to all SOF. If you want to be SF, get this book.
Also the proceeds go to the SOWF, the money pays for college scholarships for children of fallen SOF troops. I donate every year. Check out this book.

This is a magazine is dedicated to SOF, stories, technologies, and anything SOF related. A must read for any one interested in SF, or SEALs.
Check it out. Homepage - Faircount Media Group

"The illustrated manual of sniper skills"
Not a book for experts but good none the less. If you are looking to change your game to that of an *** (airsoft sniper), this is a good place to start.
First of all, this book is chock full of great pictures and cool little notes that most will find useful. It talks a lot of field craft, camouflage, and shooting techniques (good section).
Its of course geared toward educating the non military about snipers, there are alot of pieces we can apply to airsoft.
Back to top Go down
https://hellcats.board-directory.net
fatcat112
Admin
fatcat112

Tactical Book Slection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tactical Book Slection   Tactical Book Slection EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 am

http://www.mediafire.com/?7mpxrev7grvbh
Back to top Go down
https://hellcats.board-directory.net

Tactical Book Slection
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hellcats :: General Airsoft :: Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: